The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) has launched the Call for Applications for the 5th edition of its Young Peacebuilders programme in Latin America and the Caribbean (2022), aiming to tackle violent extremism by building inclusive societies with understanding and respect among cultural and religious communities.
- Are you between 18 and 25 years old? (Born on or between December 31, 1996, and January 31, 2004)
- Are you a citizen of or currently reside in one of the following countries in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC): Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia (Plurinational State of), Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) AND do you currently live in this region?
- Are you interested in taking part in an intercultural learning experience with other young people from LAC and improving your actions to promote peace?
- Are you part of a youth-led organization, network, or initiative?
- Do you want to increase your ability to contribute to peace and social inclusion in your community, country, and region?
- Are you in the beginning stages of your involvement in this type of work and want to learn more?
If yes, apply now for a chance to be selected for a fully funded participation. Deadline is 15 March 2022 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time (New York).
Apply here: https://apply.unaoc.org/young-peacebuilders/