- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: 08 Dec 2021
- Time: 9:30 am - 11:30 am
- 08 Dec 2021
- 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Symposium – Forces of Change 2021 | Women, Disarmament, Non Proliferation and Arms Control in Latin America and the Caribbean
The United Nations Regional Centre for Peace, Disarmament and Development in Latin America and the Caribbean (UNLIREC) will celebrate the 11th anniversary of UN General Assembly Resolution 65/69 “Women, Disarmament, Non-Proliferation and Arms Control” with a Symposium that will bring together women from Latin America and the Caribbean who have contributed to important advances in the four pillars of the UN Disarmament Agenda (2018):
- Pillar 1: Disarmament to save humanity. Reduce and eliminate weapons of mass destruction.
- Pillar 2: Disarmament that save lives. Reduce and mitigate the impact of conventional weapons.
- Pillar 3: Disarmament for future generations. Remain vigilant regarding new and emerging weapon technologies.
- Pillar 4: Strengthening partnerships for disarmament. Reinvigorate disarmament institutions and partner with Governments, experts, civil society, women and youth.