United Nations Associate Expert Programme
This Programme offers young professionals who are graduates from universities or institutions of higher education an opportunity to acquire professional experience in the technical cooperation of the United Nations Secretariat.
How to Apply
Interested in applying to be an Associate Expert? Click here.
UNLIREC Internship Programme
UNLIREC provides opportunities for students enrolled in a graduate programme (Masters or Doctorate) to undertake an internship in Lima, Peru. UNLIREC requests that students commit to six month internships, but will consider internships for shorter durations under exceptional circumstances.
The programme offers internships two times a year, mirroring the academic calendar of universities based on a semester system. For students that are enrolled in universities that have a different academic calendar, UNLIREC will work with the student to determine appropriate dates.
Note: certain types of internships will be in situ (for students pursuing an interest in translation work, for example).
The purpose of UNLIREC's Internship programme is to:
How to Apply
- Provide a framework by which graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds may enhance their educational experience through practical work assignments.
- Expose them to the work of UNLIREC.
- Gain experience in the work of UNLIREC with the objective of deepening their knowledge and understanding of its goals, principles and activities.
- Provide UNLIREC with the assistance of highly qualified students specialized in various professional fields.
Deadlines for applications are:
- 15 October for internship 1 ( January to June )
- 15 April for internship 2 ( July to December )
Note: Applications on a rolling basis will be considered for students whose academic calendar is not based on a semester system.
Eligible candidates interested in participating in UNLIREC's Internship programme can apply by clicking here for a description on available internships and to access the application form.